Forth Community Grants Fund
£5000, with applications up to £3000 encouraged
2 September 2023
21 November 2023
Overview of Recommendation Process
Applications fitting criteria will be considered by a funding panel comprising of representatives of each of the Community Council areas, and at least one elected member.
The total annual budget for grants is £25,112, and the Panel considers all applications that meet the funding criteria until the fund for that year has been fully allocated. As a result, the Panel will recommend to fully fund the project, offer partial funding, or decline to recommend an award.
The Neighbourhood Network will make recommendations to Locality Manager based on Funding Panel discussions.
Awards Made in 2022/23
- 104th Scouts Group: To create new storage by purchasing a large, prefabricated metal storage unit, £3,369.00
- West Pilton Neighbourhood Centre (Gala Day): To support the North Edinburgh Gala Day 2022, £2556
- Friends of Victoria Park: To carry out a mural art project with local school children to improve the park, £2500
- History of Education Centre: To carry out plumbing and electrics work in new space to create a Victorian Classroom feel, £2000
- Edible Estates on behalf of Wardieburn Community Backgreen Association: To purchase new tools and equipment for community gardens, enabling further work with local communities, £430
- FACENorth: To purchase an online system to evidence outcomes and evaluate sessions, £2200
- North Edinburgh Arts: To support development of Play Ranger project in West Pilton Park, £2858
- Royston Wardieburn Community Centre: To purchase new noticeboard and banners to help promote the Centre's activities, £755
- Newhaven Coastal Rowing: To train new skippers and to replace essential equipment to continue to support existing club activities, and expand our membership base, £2100
- Granton Community Gardeners: To provide workshops and activity days, and also to purchase some equipment, £2344
- Fresh Start (Scotland): To support purchase of van, £4,000.00