Inverleith Community Grants Fund
14 August 2023
6 November 2023
Overview of Recommendation Process
Applications fitting criteria will be considered by a funding panel comprising of representatives of each of the Community Council areas, and at least one elected member.
The total annual budget for grants is £24,990, and the Panel considers all applications that meet the funding criteria until the fund for that year has been fully allocated. As a result, the Panel will recommend to fully fund the project, offer partial funding, or decline to recommend an award.
The Neighbourhood Network will make recommendations to Locality Manager based on Funding Panel discussions.
2021-22 Update – projects tackling Greenspace and community growing will be particularly welcomed.
Awards Made in 2022/23
- The Yard: To purchase new specialist play equipment, £1,447.00
- The Cheyne Gang: To redevelop the Stockbridge Cheyne Gang, offering 2 x monthly singing for breathing sessions, £3,493.00
- Drylaw Telford Community Association / Drylaw Neighbourhood Centre: To employ a project coordinator over winter months to offer a warm welcoming hub with activities for local people in need of warmth and social interaction, £5,000.00
- ARTS Afternoon: To contribute towards two drumming groups for young people, £3,065.00
- Blackhall Nursery: To purchase waterproof jackets for children and staff to support outdoor play in all weather, £1566
- Drylaw Rainbow Club: To purchase a new large size tv, £950.00
- LifeCare Edinburgh: To support a welcoming Warm Space by offering free warmth, hot food and activities, £2,817.00
- Blackhall Lawn Tennis Club, To replace their secure gate to the premises, £1,380.00
- Drylaw Telford Community Council: To undertake a new local consultation on local greenspaces, £5,000.00
- Stockbridge Primary Parent Council, To support road safety initiatives, £272.00
North West Community Grants Fund application and guidanceNorth West Community Grants Fund downloadable application form and guidance
For further information on the Community Grants Fund please contact Elaine Lennon.