Western Community Grants Fund
11 June 2023
17 Sept 2023
Overview of Recommendation Process
Applications fitting criteria will be considered at a Neighbourhood Network meeting and recommendations made to Locality Manager.
The total annual budget for grants is £37,565, and the Panel considers all applications that meet the funding criteria until the fund for that year has been fully allocated. As a result, the Panel will recommend to fully fund the project, offer partial funding, or decline to recommend an award.
2021-22 Update – projects tackling Social Isolation will be particularly welcomed.
Awards Made in 2022/23
- Corstorphine Fair: To support site infrastructure, including main stage, awnings & fixings, toilets, technician and site management staff,, £4,885
- Craigmount Parent Council: To support purchase of 8 picnic tables, £4,100
- Rannoch Community Centre: To support Park Life Programme and Summer Excursions, £2,193
- Edinburgh Community Performing Arts CIC: To set up a free weekly dance and movement class for older people, and to improve accessibility, £4,465
- St Thomas' Church (for 'Corstorphine Christmas Support Project'): To support the 'Corstorphine Christmas Support Project', offering support packages to local families experiencing hardship., £5,000
- Edinburgh Park Leisure (Energize): To contribute towards a canopy to enable outdoor classes, £4,000
- The Corstorphine Singers: To develop this new singing group by supporting tutor and venue costs, £3,000
- Capital AllStars: To support travel costs to two events, to purchase new safety equipment and a sound system, £2,700
- Corstorphine Community Centre: To purchase new furniture for the development of their services, £3,497
- Corstorphine Old Parish Church: To support Youth Decides by organising a black history walking tour outing, £500
- Corstorphine Community Centre: To support Youth Decides outings for Thursday youth club, £900
- Rannoch Community Centre: To support Youth Decides, Drumbrae Library Monday Club / Drumbrae Youth Café / Open all Hours, £1,825
North West Community Grants Fund application and guidanceNorth West Community Grants Fund downloadable application form and guidance
For further information on the Community Grants Fund please contact Elaine Lennon.